Mystic Forest: Sintra and Cascais Shared Group Tour
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Lisbon
- Product code: MFSHR
Escape the hustle and bustle of Lisbon on a full-day tour of Sintra and Cascais, 2 small villages within easy access of the city center, and located in an area of protected natural beauty.
Following a pick-up from your hotel, drive to Sintra Hills, home to fairytale palaces and castles. Look inside Pena Palace, considered one of the most beautiful castles in Europe. Enjoy a pleasant walk in the grounds, and admire views of Lisbon on the horizon from its balconies.
Next, explore the picture-postcard village of Sintra, stopping to taste the local pastries and shop for souvenirs. Continue to Cabo da Roca to stand at the westernmost point of mainland Europe. Drive down narrow roads far from the tourist crowds.
Travel along the coast road, where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Tagus River. En route, stop at the fishing village of Cascais, transformed into a home for kings-in-exile and a site of espionage during World War II. Return to Lisbon along the magnificent Avenida Marginal, enjoying views of the Estoril Coast along the way.
- Explore the fairytale palaces and gardens of Sintra
- Look inside the magical Pena Palace
- Drive the narrow lanes of the Sintra Hills
- Go to the westernmost point of mainland Europe: Cabo da Roca
- Stop in the elegant resort town of Cascais
- Marvel at the windswept villages of the Estoril Coast
- Departure point: your centrally located Lisbon hotel
- Departure time 9h30am (exact pickup time will be confirmed within 48h prior to the tour)
- Duration 7 hours (approximately)
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 6pm
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear