Big Blue: Arrábida Natural Park Shared Group Tour
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Lisbon
- Product code: BBSHR
Meet your Around Lisbon guide at your local Lisbon hotel for your day trip to Arrábida National Park and Sesimbra.
Hop aboard your air-conditioned minivan and cross the 25th of April Bridge (Ponte 25 de Abril), often compared to the Golden Gate bridge of San Francisco.
Drive about 40 minutes and arrive at the stunningly green Arrábida Natural Park. Traverse this park while learning from your Around Lisbon guide the history of this protected region. Continue to the golden sands
of Albufeira Lagoon (Lagoa de Albufeira) and watch windsurfers and marine birds swirl in its waters.
Cruise onward to the beautiful cliffs of Cabo Espichel (Cape Espichel). Here, hop out to see Santuário de Nossa Senhora do Cabo Espichel, a 600-year-old religious site where pilgrims gathered to honor Our Lady of the Cape. Then, snap some clifftop panoramic shots of the stunning Atlantic coast.
Next, drive to the charming seaside town of Sesimbra, where local fishermen haul in fresh catches from the ocean. Stroll to the Moorish castle and discover its medieval roots. Afterward, stop for lunch (own expense) fresh fish in Sesimbra or nearby at the bay of Portinho da Arrábida.
Rejoin with your Around Lisbon and continue your afternoon soaking up the sun at Portinho da Arrábida, Galapos or Praia dos Coelhos, Arrábida’s hidden golden beaches.
Your day trip from Lisbon offers you other other options such as endulging your tastes at a local Azeitão village wine cellar (taste two varietals of Portuguese wine paired with local small cheese or pastries specialties) or visiting Palmela and Setúbal Castles.
After an adventurous day ride back to your Lisbon hotel where this tour ends.
- Arrábida Natural Park day trip from Lisbon
- See Albufeira Lagoon (Lagoa de Albufeira)
- Learn about the tale of Our Lady of the Cape at the clifftop sanctuary in Cabo Espichel
- Visit the Moorish castle in the charming fishing village of Sesimbra
- Relax on hidden beaches such as Portinho da Arrábida, Galapos or Praia dos Coelhos in Arrábida Natural Park
- Enjoy free time to savor local wine, cheese and pastries in Azeitão or visit Setúbal and Palmela Castles
- Departure point: your centrally located Lisbon hotel
- Departure time 9h30am (exact pickup time will be confirmed within 48h prior to the tour)
- Duration 8 hours (approximately)
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 6h30pm
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Bring your swimwear, towel and sunscreen